American Express or Amex us America’s leading corporation providing financial services to thousands of clients. The headquarter of American Express is in New York City, NY and the corporation was established in 1850 by William Fargo, Henry Wells, and John Warren Butterfield. Since January 2001, the CEO of the company has been Kenneth I. Chenault. Some of the products and services offered by the Amex are credit cards, rewards, gift cards, charge cards, travel, business services, personal savings, insurance, and more.
What Is An American Express Gift Card?
American Express is offering a wide range of American Express Gift Cards, also known as Amex Gift Cards, to their customers. This is a card that you can buy with different denominations such as $20, $35, or more. For example, if there is a birthday party or any other special event of one of your loved ones and you are not sure what to gift them, then you can buy them an Amex Gift Card. This will allow him to buy whatever product or service he wants to buy for himself.
Where Can This Gift Card Be Used?
When someone owns this card, then he will have the option to use that card either at the American Express online sites or their land-based locations, until the card balance becomes zero. You cannot use this card at the ATMs, cruise lines, gambling establishments, payment & money transfer providers, unattended ticket machines, etc. To know more about this, you can also call them at 01273 693 455, where one of the Amex representatives will be available helping you 24-hours a day, every day.
See American Express Gift Card Balance:
When you have one of the American Express Gift Cards in your pocket, and you want to have a look at the gift card balance or want to view the credit history, then you should follow the below steps:
- Connect your PC to the internet, open your web browser, and then open the link www279.americanexpress.com.
- Now, you will be on the American Express Gift Card Balance Check page.
- Here, you will see a “Check Your Gift Card Balance” title and right below this; you will be asked to provide the “Gift Card Number.”
- Enter your American Express Gift Card number in the required field.
- There is a blue colored “SEE AVAILABLE FUNDS AND HISTORY” button just below the field where you have entered your card number.
- Now, you will be at the page from where you can easily check your gift card balance and history.
If you are coming across to any difficulty, then there might be some issues with your internet connection. It is also possible that the site might be going through a temporary maintenance phase. You can check your internet connection and try the process again. If you still find any issue, then you can get in touch with the American Express card support team at their helpline that is accessible 24 hours a day, every day.